Admit your children to Australian Schools for a world-class education and a shining future!
Australian schooling visa refers to the subclass 500 visa ( Australian Student Visa) that is issued to a candidate who plans to enroll in any Australian school at the primary/secondary/higher secondary level.
The subclass 500 visa is applicable to all students ranging from primary to terminal education (like a Doctorate) but it is categorized into 2 sectors, and a Student Visa issued for the “School sector” can be referred to as an Australian Schooling Visa.
|Visa Name||Sector||Education Level|
|Australian Student Visa
|Schools Sector||Primary, Secondary and Higher Secondary|
|Higher Education Sector||College and University|
Students of the right age from any part of the world can apply for this visa and gain a top-quality education. Student Visas can be extended further for higher studies in Australian colleges and universities.
In usual cases, the mother is allowed to accompany the school student for the entire period of the student’s education and the father can visit them in Australia as many times as he wants ( Read Australian Student Guardian Visa – Subclass 590)
The visa also permits the student to visit their home country for vacation and return to Australia during every academic break.
Who can apply for an Australian Student Visa (Subclass 500)?
Students studying in year 1 to 12 can apply for this Visa to study in primary, secondary and higher secondary level.
Extension of the Subclass 500 Visa is also possible for students who wish to study for higher level degrees.
Contact us to find out how students can apply for this Visa, extend their Visa and we shall also help students locate the most suitable academic institutions in Australia.
Eligibility requirements for the Student Visa
- Financial Ability: The student must have sufficient financial resources to consistently pay their academic fees.
- English Language Skills: The applicant may or may not be required to provide evidence of English language skills. It varies in states and institutions.
- Character and Health: The student should be of good character and good health (Character certificate, health clearance). Proof of Health Insurance is a must for both students and family members during their entire stay in Australia.
- No Debt: Neither the student nor any family member should not have any previous debt overdue to the Australian government.
- Welfare Arrangement: If parents of students under 18 years of age cannot accompany the student to Australia, then the students must be ensured sufficient necessary Welfare Arrangements under the guardianship or custody of a responsible adult.
Contact us so we may guide you with the necessary details to help you arrange welfare for your children.
Proof of Full-time Enrolment
The student must provide proof of full-time enrolment into an Australian academic institution.
- The course selected by the student must be registered with Commonwealth Register of Institution and courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- Must provide Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) or Offer Letter for each course.
How Much Will It Cost?
The Visa application fee is AUD 630 for each student. Additional fees may apply if family members wish to accompany the student to Australia.
Contact us to learn about the appropriate charges so that you do not have to overpay.
How Long Will the Visa take to Process
- 25% of student applicants are granted Visa within 17 days
- 75% of students granted Visa within 59 days (2 months)
The time for processing the Visa varies depending on the proper application procedure, submission of valid documents and verification time. We recommend you to seek advice and services from our experienced registered migration agent (RMA) for proper documentation of these details in order to avoid errors and unnecessary delays.
A Quick Look into The Benefits of The Student Visa
- Study in reputed Australian academic institutions.
- Work and earn if you are a university student.
- Family members can stay with the student in Australia.
- Visit your home country and return to Australia unlimited number of times.
- Extend the Visa for further study opportunities.
Why Choose Australian Schools for Your Children?
Australia maintains the best educational standards and is the top education provider for international students. The Australian government ensures an education system that encourages young children to be involved in extracurricular activities, sports, study tours and offers opportunities to your child to explore other talents. Schools aim to provide a strong foundation in mathematics, science, geography and health studies as well as offer language courses to diversify the students’ communication skills.
Social and intellectual skills are also a main focus as students enter secondary and higher secondary levels.
In college and university level, students are educated about the practical challenges on a global scale and their mentalities are shaped towards creativity and leadership.
Contact us so that we may help you explore the best schools and universities in Australia and help you locate housing and work opportunities that are nearest to your academic institution.