Spouse Migration

Home - Services - Family Visa - Spouse Migration

Spouse Migration

The Partner visas (309 and 100, 820 and 801) allow the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia.

The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820 or 309) is granted first and lets you stay in Australia while the permanent Partner visa (subclass 801 or 100) is processed.



You must be married or in a de facto relationship with:

  • an Australian citizen
  • an Australian permanent resident
  • an eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • On the temporary 309 or 820 visa, you can stay until a decision is made about your permanent Partner visa (subclass 100 or 801).
  • On the permanent 100 or 801 visa, you can stay permanently.


1. What is the normal processing time?

The average processing time is 12 to 15 months or more

2. Can I work in Australia?

After your visa grant, you can migrate to Australia and do full time job or business

3. When can I apply for PR?

You will be notified by the Department.

4. I was divorced

Take our legal assistance