The Victorian Government is investing $3 billion to help businesses impacted by ongoing restrictions and to prepare for COVID Normal business. This includes a third round of the Business Support Fund with grants of up to $20,000 available as well as tax and cashflow support.
*Small and medium-sized business ($822 million)
*Licensed Hospitality Business ($251 million)
*Sole Trader Support Fund ($100 million)
*Alpine businesses ($4.3 million)
Business Chambers and Trader Groups ($3 million) rent relief grants for people in Victoria experiencing rental hardship
* announced a $45 million International Student Emergency Relief Fund for international students
* Australian Red Cross has received Commonwealth Government funding. Specifically, to support people who are on temporary visas with a small one-off emergency relief payment.
* announced an $11.3 million funding package to support multicultural and multifaith communities
The Victorian Government has announced a $1.7 billion economic survival and jobs package which includes:
• full payroll tax refunds for the 2019-20 financial year to small and medium-sized businesses with a payroll of less than $3 million.
• the same businesses will also be able to defer payment of any payroll tax for the first three months of the 2020/21 financial year until 1 January 2021
• the Victoria Govt; has taken initiative, connecting businesses that need staff with people who are looking for work
• a $500 million to assist the hardest-hit sectors. Funding of $10,000 per small business is available and will be allocated through a grant process. Businesses must already employ staff, have a payroll of less than $650,000 and a turnover of more than $75,000.